Thursday, August 16, 2007

And so it begins...




A little background, I bought our first home while my husband Dave was still on his extended tour to Afghanistan. Rather than wait for him to return we decided to go on as planned and start the house hunt. After a fairly long search alone I fell in love and later bought what will from here on out be known as "the pit."


Now don't get me wrong, I love this house dearly, but it needs some work. Not anything major as of yet, but its got some character traits that just aren't us. Keep in mind as well that Dave (now home and wondering if I lost my mind) is NOT a handy person. He doesn't enjoy working on things around the house, and if it was up to him we'd just pay people, snap our fingers and things would be perfect. We are aware that its just not possible to do that, so he is now learning to let me go and work on my own things and trust that I won't get in too far over my head. So far thats only included one call to an elecrician for 50$. Not bad in my book.


This blog is going to be all about my journey through home ownership. Its the first trip for both of us and I'm sure it will be interesting. Hopefully we'll stay married and still be able to put Matt (our little guy) through college.
A little background of the place before I start on the projects:
Built in 1940
1855 Square Feet, + half finished basement with wet bar
4 bedrooms
1.5 baths
Single garage with attached carport
FABULOUS neighborhood
Alright, here we go... wish me luck




No comments: