Sunday, May 10, 2009

Its been a while..

The pit is coming along. Little by little and room by room. Matts room is almost officially done. I repainted, redid the windows and am now stripping the door, eventually we'll recarpet but that may wait a bit. The door project is kind of a leap of faith.. we have these great 5 panel hardwood doors, but they are all painted white and are in pretty rough shape. As I painted trim in Matts room I was really craving some real wood, later that night I was watching King of Queens and the set in that show is VERY similar to the colors and style of our home. Then I noticed that they have the white trim but stained doors. LOVE IT so I'm doing the same thing. So far the wood under all that paint is really nice, as I finish each room the kicker will be doing the door. SO.. like the window project it will take some time, but I think it will be classic and hopefully a job I'll never have to do again.

I painted the master as well and it turned out fab. I used a color I had in our old Army housing and I still love it. I also added some wainscoting behind the bed in leiu of a headboard and some lighting on the walls. We need new nightstands and dressers then that will be complete and I'll do THAT door. lol.

Summer is coming soon and I'm trying to decide what projects really "need" to be done and what can wait. Too bad I'm really bad at waiting....

No comments: